Our digital services need to be optimised for modern browsers. While you’ll get the best experience using one of these we want to ensure that our content is accessible by everyone, anywhere. There are a vast array of browsers and devices out there, and we strive to build our sites in a way that the core content is available no matter how you access the site.
We have two graded browser support levels. The site’s core content is accessible by browsers in all groups, but there may be visual and functional differences.
All content is accessible, and the site is visually and functionally complete. Full testing is conducted
- Windows 10 with latest version of Microsoft Edge, Chrome & Firefox
- Android 9.0+ with latest version of Chrome
- MacOS Catalina with latest version of Safari, Chrome & Firefox
- iOS 13 with Safari
All content is accessible, and all functionality is present, but there may be minor display issues or functional differences. Spot-check testing is conducted using various historical browser versions based on usage statistics.
- Windows 8 with Internet Explorer 11
- Android 8 with Chrome
- MacOS El Capitan and High Sierra with Safari and Chrome
- iOS 11 and 12 with Safari and Chrome
Any browsers or devices not listed are not explicitly tested on or actively supported. Whilst we aim to make our content available to all browsers and devices, we can’t always guarantee that everything will be completely accessible.
We only consider supporting Microsoft’s Windows (desktop) supported browsers for security reasons
Where possible we test using real devices. Where this is not possible we test using simulators such as BrowserStack and iOS Simulator.
Although we specify browsers and operating systems that we support its important to note that there is a variety of screen dimensions that these apply to. We test (and design for) the following sizes:
- Mobile (portrait): 360x640px, 375x667px, 320x480px, 411x731px,
- Tablet (portrait and landscape): 768x1024px, 800x1280px
- Desktop / laptop: 1366x768px, 1920x1080px, 1024x768px, 1440x990p
This document is derived from the last two – six month’s usage of our core services supplemented by general usage statistics.
This document is reviewed every six months – The last review was July 2018.