Our guidance is primarily designed to support the needs of service-mode websites. However some elements are applicable to other types of digital service.
Step one: If you’re looking to create a new website or make significant changes to an existing site, then please get in touch before you start.
- Contact us before starting / tendering the work
- Request a subdomain (see domain name policy)
- Complete your design / development work
(following our guidance – referring to our foundation elements in particular)
- Request a digital service review
- Launch site
- Lives on subdomain.jisc.ac.uk
- Looks and behaves like a Jisc site
It’s essential our members know when they’re using a Jisc service.
Having consistent user interfaces (and not expecting our members to learn new ones) provides them with a better experience.
Other types of service